Blog Archive

Friday, May 20, 2011

Settling in

So I think I'm in the States about six and a half months now and nothing has really changed, except for my job status, my location ( several times ), my bank account and me! After spending a few months in solidarity in Naples, FL, where I'd only get out on occasion, with a visit ( and dodgy road trip ) from Justin, who's just graduated! (Congraduations) and Papi, who graced the shores of Ireland not too long ago I met my family in Orlando for Christmas. Spending Christmas with the family is key to me because you need to be surrounded by loved ones at a time of giving (presents). We went to Disneyland with the two little lads and I reckon I had as much fun as they did, while my godson Zach got to drive the disney car we were in and his brother Ben the did the same in his dad's car. Had a great time doing the fun things in orlando with the parents and Brother and sister and the kids, wish I could do it every month. But alas after 2 good weeks and a christmas gut they all retreated back to the homeland. Enter stage left, Mr Fitzpatrick. So after I move to Jacksonville and get a job selling energy efficient windows and doors, Mark arrives in Orlando and I drive down to collect him. I think I got to the airport on his 5th beer after he landed...Oops. So we missed the Two Door Cinema Club Gig down the road, which was sold out anyway and we headed for food and drink after dropping our stuff of at the hotel. We order a taxi, cause I know I'm having a few drinks, from the hotel lobby, and after having 2 beers in the hotel waiting, a big jeep pulls up from a limo service!! Ok cheers, so we eat in TGI's and Drink a few and decide to go to the Irish bar we were told about. haha what a dive! Old men singing Karaoke out of tune with a total crowd of 7 including us and the staff! Roll on the next day! Universal Studios, the Original! That was class, twister and Roller-coaster listening to Limp biskit from you seat!! Disaster Movie, Men In Black!!
Then the piano bar that ensued and the company we had there!! Fun Times. Next Day was Islands of adventure! Harry Potter 6 times on the front!! Couldn't bate that with a shtick! The Hulk twice on the front! Chillin with spiderman!! Oh the fun times! Then, John F. Kennedy landed in Jacksonville, so we all decided to drive up to North Carolina to visit the one and only Chavo!!! Fair play to Aoife Kavanagh for putting 3 drunkards up for 2 night in her plooosh apt and showing us the town and looking after us! What a woman!! The craic that was had in Charlotte was mighty!! Pub crawls, lashin rain pissin on the floor! ( not me ) all made for a great trip! Que marky's flight being cancelled, then rescheduled, then cancelled then rescheduled!! Poor chap! But sure thanks Aer lingus for the free nights in Orlando and food that we got out of it! Especially that Planet Hollywood!! But unfortunately all good things must come to an end, Mark eventually got a flight out of Orlando, had to see him off! It was tough, but men dont let that show so I punched him in the face an said get out of here ya prick!  Then we went back to Jacksonville to take over the bar scene at the beach to teach them how to play table tennis and cosmic (drunken) bowling!! Thanks a mill to Ian Mahon : http://ianmahon.blogspot.com/2011/05/observation-deck.html for it was he who got me into this! More to come! (insert catchy phrase here to keep readers interested) Lots of Love, Ferg.

1 comment:

  1. This man exudes class!

    Delighted you're on the scene.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete