Blog Archive

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Post Jacksonville!

Justin was late to pick me up....what a surprise!! He was there within a few minutes tho so I wasnt waiting for long. He pulled up in a car with Heath and I jumped in and off we went towards Statesboro, or so we thought, until we ended up on the South Carolina Border..... A quick U-turn, or Yuille-Turn according to Papi, and we were headed in the right direction. So we arrive in the Campus Club apartment to a few familiar faces that I hadn't seen since November, so it was nice to see Alex and Joedi. I quickly settled in to the place and made my bed on the couch. I believe we had a few drinks that night.........

Being in the sitting room I was always last to sleep and first up, but I didnt mind that, I could always convince someone for a latenight ass whooping at Fifa. The Few games of footie we had on the college pitches were class, along with the gym and the cross campus jogs, we sorta got into a routine for about a week, then the drinking kicked in. We'd had a few nights out but not like the first big one where we downed the four loko's and then got the 2 dollar cocktails in Rum's what a night!! I ended up in another house just cause everyone was going there!! Next morning was interesting!!! 

I dont think I mentioned the last time I was there. Tailgaiting before the playoff games and 9 hour drives and Getting drunk with Pedro!! It was pretty much the same this time without pedro and the football. I met some really cool people this time, from getting locked out of Justo's and sleeping on the lads couch across the hall to meeting people at the pool and on the field. I think we drank too many four loko's this time around. We went to late night hookah bars, flavoured tobacco hookahs not the ones your thinking about and daytime drinking in Buffalo's watching the footie!!

Then John decided he's heading home so I'm left wondering how to get my stuff I left in Jacksonville before I move to DC. Long story short we rented a car and embarked on yet another road trip. After seeing everyone in Jacksonville again for the last time and playing Table tennis and drinking we left for
our return to campus club! A few beats later and we were home ready for bed! My birthday was great in Statesboro, we went to a mexican restaurant/bar where all the spanish girls organised the staff to embarrass the shit out of me with a sombrero and a song and  birthday shot!! And me and the lads went to a cool hibachi restaurant up the road!! Anything that happened in Rudy's after that is a mystery!! Fun times on April fools Day!! 

But then a day or two later, sadly, it was time for me to leave the college town and embark on my journey up north. All credit to Jaine who gave me a ride back into Savannagh to catch the Amtrak to DC. That was one of the best journeys I've ever been on. I saw parts of America that they dont show you on TV, unless you watch shows about the parts of america that they dont show you on tv. I passed by one horse towns with old run down buildings that once thrived as local community shops and closed down production factories that build the backbone of the states during the industrial revolution and scattered, empty, derelict houses built around what used to be the busiest parts of the industrial age. And the old bridges that were state of the art when they were first commissioned over 75 years ago. The wildlife surrounding the rivers and lakes that these bridges crossed, and the feeling of community in the small towns that survived and the people that 'stayed behind'. It truly was an inspiring journey. They end of the train ride was arriving into DC by sunset, which is by far the best way to enter any city anywhere in the world. 

And so concluded that leg of the journey.

WAIT wait wait.......Did I leave out the part of Spring break?

I guess I should fill you in on Savannah and our attempt at Panama City.

So Paddy's Eve 2011, what a night. We arrive in Savannah around 8 or so and start drinking in the girls house that we were staying in and decide we need more drink after a few rounds of Kings. We all walked to the supermarket and walk in with our drinks. Its the first time I've ever drank in a supermarket, come to think of it, it the first time I've ever heard of it being done. So we spent the whole time worrying about the security guard so i wasnt worth it at all. We went out anyway later that night to a bar of some sort and we were dancing on the stage with the DJ I think... Then we rambled on to the next place and drank some more. Got in a fight with a Marine and ended up back at the first place somehow, sittin on curbs having some words. Next thing I know its 9am and I washing the taste of puke out of my mouth with a warm can of coors! Happy Paddy's Day!!!!!! So As you can tell paddy's day started out well, warm beers and warm vodka and sprite on the streets while watching the parade and generally being loved by everyone, and this was all before noon. After the parade we ourselves paraded around the streets and were drinking by the water chatting up some dancers and watchin the free live music on show! I left for the bathroom and returned 45 mins later after a great game of hackey sack. We got some food and saw the biggest ever container ship know to man pass us by on the river. I believe these events are well documented in the form of pictures HERE Sorry for shouting! After the food we went to a daytime disco and it was weird, I dont think any of us danced...I found a guitar along the way and played, and also having the bants with the ladies! We queued up for aged to this bar for a drink, we got a drink paid for it and the queue kept going and the next think we know were on the street again, drink in hand!! And so onto the next place.

I honestly couldnt tell you how many different places we were in that day, but it was definitely more than 12! I then dragged everybody into a lift and we had no idea where we were going, walking aimlessly around a hotel, until I found the balcony bar that over looks the street we were on, the same bar we were looking at all day wondering how to get up there. That was a great bit of craic, with free Jello Shots!! Every single place on River Street Savannah was selling beer, nail spas grocery stores, bars etc. So there was no shortage of drink. The rest of the night was a bit blurry, we lost justo, Cole had his ID taken so I asked for 3 beers at a drinks stand and the barman said its one per person, so I told him it was one each for me and Jon and we were going to split the 3rd, basically cole got a drink! After that we went for food with some girls and I had a lightsaber somehow...later that night we broke into the girls house cause we knew where the key was and locked them out...passed out and met justo in a Waffle house!! We made like trees and got the flock outta there!!!

Here this is going on too long, see ya's next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment